Video games have played a very big role in my life ever since I was a child. Steam has been one of those platforms that I use every time I play video games on my computer. In this redesign, I focused on improving the game library section and consolidating the hundreds of menu items into a top nav hierarchy. This case study only encompasses a UI redesign of the Steampowered website.
My main goal for the design is to remove clutter and make the website more visual. I also changed the colors of some of the CTA buttons to blend more with the color palette.
This was my first website redesign using a dark background, I learned a lot about making the text legible and making the colors work so the text and artifacts can be seen clearly. I also used a variety of 8 column and 12 column designs for this UI refresh. The thing I learned the most from this project is the way spacing can be achieved depending on how many columns you have. I also learned a lot about masking and color theory and finding fonts that fit with each other. I want to explore changing the colors and textures in my next redesign.